Sharing #OURSTORIES has a uniquely unifying purpose. Visit the South African Book Fair in September to share and celebrate #OURSTORIES and those of our continent!
Schools Programme – Friday 7 September 2018
The National Book Week Magic Tent offers words and sights that will delight your senses. Watch a fun theatrical production. Experience our exciting and popular demo library. Meet three different children who are also published authors, and who will share their “publishing journey”.
The Senior Schools programme means stepping outside the classroom and into the fascinating world of publishing in South Africa. Workshops and seminars will include:
- Careers in the book industry.
- A creative writing experience entitled “Write yourself into existence”.
- The amazing artist Loyiso Mkize (of Team Kwezi), who will initiate us into the secrets of writing seriously cool South African graphic novels and comic books.
- Skills and opportunities in the growing field of animated storytelling.
- Writing in our indigenous languages.
- Meeting with and listening to teen bloggers who will share their adventures in trying out this new way of writing.
Librarians, teachers, parents and other caregivers
Join Athambile Masola as she shares her eye-opening tips on making the reading and studying of set works fun. Attend workshops in storytelling techniques to master or relearn an age-old tradition that has proved to be a substantial help in developing the attitudes and skills needed for reading books.
the Fair offers you a vault full of books through its Exhibition space, with a wealth of experts from the publishing industry at the ready to assist with learning- and teaching- support materials.
Also available, of course, will be numberless books for all ages: for leisure, knowledge, and personal and spiritual development. Moreover, the latest fiction and non-fiction titles will be the usual strong contenders at the Fair.