Join FUNDA BALA in making South Africa a reading nation by sharing the love of reading with those around you. National Book Week’s #READABOOK campaign is about getting South Africa reading and everyone can do something to get more people reading and to celebrate the magic of books.
- There is someone in your immediate community who does not read – #READABOOK to them.
- Participate in the programme in your province.
- Visit your local library and read.
- Organise reading sessions and book discussions in your local library or at your school.
- Promote NBW on your social media platforms use the hashtags: #BUYABOOK and #READABOOK and #SHAREABOOK.
- Parents/Adults/Grandparents – read to children… bedtime is good!
- Gather together and tell stories – storytelling is great!
- Form a Reading club.
- Children/Adults – dress up as your favourite story character.
- Encourage story writing for reading.
- Write a poem and narrate to others.
- Organise motivational talks with popular individuals who love reading.
- Create your own activities and let the NBW team know about it.
The SABDC will be organising many official reading events during National Book Week and would like to thank the following hosts for their participation:
- Eastern Cape Provincial Department of Sports, Recreation, Arts and Culture: Library Services
- Free State Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation: Library Services
- Gauteng Provincial Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation: Library Services
- KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Department of Arts & Culture: Library Services
- Mpumalanga Provincial Department of Sports, Arts & Culture: Library Services
- Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality: Library Services
- Northern Cape Provincial Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation: Library Services
- North West Provincial Department of Culture, Arts and Traditional Affairs: Library Services
- Polokwane Municipality: Library Services
- Western Cape Provincial Department of Cultural Affairs: Library Services